In marketing you want to use every opportunity to educate, promote and sell your business. The holiday season (mid-Nov. to Jan. 3) offers entrepreneurs and small business owners the opportunity to promote their business, stimulate sales and spread good cheer at the same time.
Marketing to your current customer base ought to be a priority for every entrepreneur and small business owner throughout the entire year, and especially during the holiday season. If not, you are overlooking one of your best markets for repeat sales and referrals. Customers like to know they are valued. Sending a personalize message, savings coupon or a free gift to a customer communicates that you value their business and loyalty.
The holiday season also offers an optimum time to network, cold call and reach out to new prospects. The strategies remain the same, only the message changes. Holiday parties offer an additional marketing strategy to
network. Take advantage of them or consider hosting one yourself.
Lastly, if the holiday season or the month of January traditionally present a slow down for your business consider offering limited time specials to expire during these months. Also read “Getting Through a Seasonal Slump,” from the Eye On LeanderTM archives for five ways to master a seasonal slump.
5 Ways to Market to Existing Customers:
1. Place a coupon or savings offer on your invoices during this period
2. Use direct mail or email marketing to promote holiday specials
3. Send a personal greeting or holiday card (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s)
4. Give away promotional items with your company information on it
5. Use any of the above methods as an opportunity to introduce new products or services with an introductory offer (valid during the holiday season or in January).