Marketing is not rocket science. Anyone can do it on nearly any budget, even zero dollars. Marketing successfully, however, and maximizing your efforts, does require a certain amount of knowledge, research, planning and preparation. Choosing the right marketing strategies, form and placement is
essential for both short- and long-term success.
In five easy-to-follow steps you can market effectively, and develop
a marketing plan, target-direct campaign or strategies to fit your specific
1. Start with a goal. Before embarking on any marketing endeavor define what you’re selling and the desired end result or goal.
2. Identify your market, or target audience. Who needs or uses your product or service?
3. Flush out your market. Combine research and creativity to discover the whereabouts of your market, or target audience.
4. Strategize how to reach your market. Be careful not to let your circumstances drive this step so you can discover many ways to reach your market.
5. Choose one or more strategies and begin marketing. Considerations may be timing, inventory, seasonal uses, cost and so on.
Trade Show Marketing
Trade shows are big business for all businesses. Business-to-business spend-ing for trade shows is about $750 million (The Center for Exhibition IndustryResearch), third to advertising and promotion. Unlike advertising, email and direct mail marketing, trade shows offer the opportunity to build relationships face-to-face.
Rotate your marketing strategies to improve your success. Why? Not all marketing strategies work all of the time or for every business.